The key areas of experience include HTML, CSS, Sass, DOM scripting, jQuery and Django templating. I also have experience with XML, XSLT, Plone and Zope Page Templates (templating language used in Plone).
Detailed information about my working experience can be found on LinkedIn.
Since 2012 am I a member of Fronteers, a Dutch non-profit trade organisation for front end developers. From 2013 till 2015, I volunteered the workshops committee. This committee organises workshops about front end techniques, which everyone can attend for a small fee.
Interesting Blogs and Podcasts
- A list apart Explores the design, development, and meaning of web content, with a special focus on web standards and best practices.
- Smashing Magazine Smashing Magazine is an online magazine for professional Web designers and developers, with a focus on useful techniques, best practices and valuable resources. They also regularly publish books and organise the SmashingMagazine conference.
- Webdesigner magazine There is an UK and Dutch version of this magazine. It discusses the latest trends and topics about design and front end development.
- CSS Weekly newsletter Weekly e-mail roundup of css articles, tutorials, experiments and tools.
- Sass News Weekly e-mail of sass articles, tutorials and experiments.
- ShopTalk Podcast about web design, front end development and UX.
- The Web Ahead A weekly podcast about changing technologies and the future of the web.
I live with my husband and my 2 British Shorthair cats, Tolstoj and Frummel in Wateringen, a small village near The Hague and Delft. When I’m not working, reading professional literature or fiddling in code I can often be found down the gym or on my motorcycle (Kawasaki er6f). To compensate being between 4 walls all day, I mostly go by bike to work. It is a nice bike ride of 10km through the typical Dutch landscape. My interests also include reading common history, sci-fi, fantasy and thrillers.